Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I did it and I am so proud of myself!

It's the little things in life that make me so happy. Such as figuring out how to start a blog. Am I now one of those 'bloggers'? I feel so smart. Well, all I have to say is I am so excited to see how God is going to work in us these next 5 months. I know this JACKSON CHALLENGE may seem a little odd, however, very fun. You may be wondering how this challenge came to play, well... It's not that long of a story. I wrote our sponsorship letter about 3 weeks ago and never got to sending it out. Well, last night while in the shower ( I know tmi right! Well, this seems to be the location for my best ideas :) )it came to me. Why not challenge ourselves to work on the impossible while waiting and trusting God to provide for the trip ( which seems impossible). We need to not just sit back and wait for it to happen, but to work on ourselves too. So the goal... To raise enough money ($4500) for our family to go to Guatemala, AND be a closer, healthier, skinnier, spiritually on fire family when we get there. Now is the time for God to work in our lives. Join us for the JACKSON CHALLENGE and see how it turns out. The challenge starts on Sept. 1 and will go until Feb. 1. I will blog ( you know now that I'm a blogger and all) at least each month and give an update. And who knows maybe a picture every once in awhile, when I learn how to do that. IT WILL BE A CRAZY ADVENTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment